Need a picnic table for your kids? You can actually make it yourself with simple materials and steps. Check out the following instruction to make it at home.
Step 1. Cutting List
For building kids’ picnic table, you have to prepare the materials as follows:
- Nine 31” pieces used for the table top and also the seats
- Four parallelograms legs at 21” with the ends are angled at 22.5 degrees
- Two center supports at 25.5” with the ends are squared
- Two trapezoidal supports for tabletop with longer end at 17”. The ends are angled at 22.5 degrees.
- Two trapezoidal supports for seat with longer end at 33”. The ends are angled at 22.5 degrees.
- Sandpaper, stain or varnish
- 75 deck screws sized 1 5/8”
- Eight cedar 1”x4”x8’ boards
Step 2. Build top supports
After all pieces are ready, choose some top pieces that look good and put them all together to assemble the top supports. Place these pieces facing down onto some soft surface. Line up the ends, place the top supports as well as one spacer onto it as shown in the picture. Align everything and secure the joints using two screws at each end. Flip top supports over to mount the top.